Wednesday 25 December 2013

WHAT I DID ON CHRISTMAS DAY

Assalamualaikum readers,

It was Christmas day yesterday, didn't do much  except, I went for my ex housemate's wedding in Pusat Komuniti Bukit Bandaraya, Bangsar.   Lovely wedding I must say.  I am quite shocked to see my friend in hijab as the last time I met her, she still didn't wear it.  I am so happy for her, feels really touched to see her married and at the same time wearing the hijab.  She looked so pretty in her baby blue wedding dress.


 
                          There she is with her husband.(pardon the picture quality). Lovely, isn't she? :)
     Congrats Anom!

Well, the food and souvenir at the wedding were also very nice.  It's not the typical nasi minyak. They have beef cooked with black pepper which the beef is so tender and the black pepper sauce is just too nice. The roasted chicken and Dalca was superb.  And the most interesting, they didn't serve with the normal acar, but they have salad!Which I think it's really healthy option for the guess.  But the desert a bit at the downside, but still can eat laaa.. ;P

Oh and the cookies as the wedding gift, was really-really nice. (I can't remember who was the vendor)I ate the whole cookies just after I reached home.  Because it's nice leddat.haha(gelojoh uools tp sedap sangat cannot tahan lah)
                                                                         The cute jar!

Ok, as promised, I will give the recipe for beef grilled ribs with mashed potato served with boiled carrot and broccoli.  Its actually quite simple to cook, but it will take 2 hours to prep.

Ingredients A :

500 gm - 800 gm beef ribs
2 table spoon of mustad
1 table spoon of lemon juice
1 table spoon of honey(or less)
Salt and pepper to taste

Steps :
1) Boil the ribs until it becomes soft and tender(I  boiled it for almost 2 1/2 hours) but if you have pressure         cooker, 30 minutes is enough.  Don't forget to put salt in, as you can use the stock for other things also.
2) Mix all Ingredients(A) in a bowl then prep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes - 1 hour.

Ingredients B :
3 medium to big size american potato
100 gm of butter
Salt
100ml of fresh milk(depends on how you want your mash to be; creamy or not)

1) Peel the potato's skin
2) Boil the potato until soft
3) Mash the potato and mix with other Ingredients B(do it while it hot)

For the gravy/sauce, you can use the beef stock mix with the leftover of beef marination.  Put it on hot pan, if you want it to be thick you can use flour, probably around 1-2 table spoon.

As for the vege's, I used the beef stock to boil the brocolli and carrot.

Done!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy kan? :)

Siapa ada soalan, angkat tangan!
Leave kat comment ye!




No comments:

Post a Comment