Sunday 22 December 2013

SIMPLE CURRYPUFF FILL WITH MINCED MEAT, BOILED POTATO,DRIED CHILLI PASTE AND CURRY POWDER RECIPE

Assalamualaikum readers,


First of all, this is my first time to write a blog.  I do have the intention 10 years ago to start a blog when Friendster(yes Friendster!so old!) introduced it. I tried to type but I really-really don't have any idea what to write, finally I just decided oh well maybe I don't have that flare to write.(still young at that time, don't know the direction of life, pity me!haha)

But now, I want to start again, yes I know it is quite late to start as everybody has their own blog,(its 2013 going to be 2014 yallss) but still I want to share with people the little knowledge that I have because who knows somebody out there might get the benefit from reading this blog.  InsyaAllah.

For me, cooking is all about creativity. To tell you, my big influences coming from my mom and ..... Australia Masterchef. Haha. I will eloborate more on this in the next post ya.

The recipe above is the very first attempt for me to make currypuff.  I can't believe that I managed to prepare around 40 pieces of currypuff but it took me around 4 hours to do it as I did it manually.  Manually meaning I have to roll it with the typical wood roller not the machine.  Crazzzzyyyyyyyyyy! Haha. It's quite tough and challenging when you do it alone as there is no one to help you to do it.  But overall, I'm quite satisfied with the outcome. The taste also was not bad.Hihi.  Actually, I did not plan to do the currypuff, but at that time I'm quite hungry but I don't know what to eat, I don't want to eat rice, but I want to eat some pastry with salty flavor.  So, I checked my ref and see what can I cook.  Then, I realized I have almost all the ingredients to make currypuff, so immediately, took my iPad and start Googling the recipe for currypuff.

I do found a few blogs that really has good recipe, but I just took the simplest recipe that I can find and try the recipe. The recipe that I tried is from Kak Jee.

The recipe from Kak Jee is quite simple and easy to follow. I follow mostly on her dough but for the filling I do it myself as I don't have the complete ingredients.  

For the dough(A) :

500 gm of all purpose flour
1 cup of cooking oil(I used canola oil)
150 gm of margarine(I used buttercup)
400ml cold water 
2 tea spoon of salt
5 table spoon of corn flour(this is my twist on the dough!)

Steps :

1) Put flour, corn flour and salt in a big bowl
2) Heat up oil on a stove and put margarine into the hot oil.  
3) After oil and margarine is hot, slowly pour the ingredients into the flour mixing and mix with fork.
4) Slowly pour cold water to the flour and knead the dough until it did not stick to the bowl.
5) Let it rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour.


For the filling(B)

300 gm of minced meat
3-4 american potato(peel and dice)
1-2 whole medium to big size onion(thinly chop)
5 cloves of garlic(thinly chop)
3 cm of ginger(thinly chop)
1 stick of curry leaves
4 table spoons of curry powder
2 table spoon of honey(this is my twist on the filling!)
2 table spoon of oil
1 table spoon of dried chilli paste


Steps :

1) Heat oil, put onion, garlic and ginger to stir.
2) After all the ingredients are cook, put the minced meat.
3) Cook until there is no more water from the meat.
4) Mix curry powder and dried chilli paste in a bowl  with water(approx. 2 tablespoon).  Pour the mix to the minced meat and stir
5) You can boiled the potato first or you can just put it straight into the minced meat mixture.
6) After the potato is cooked, put the honey and salt to taste.
7) And lastly, put the curry leaves for more fragrance.


Wait until the filling to be at least warm, then only you can put the filling into the pastry.


To hem the currypuff, some people do manually and some people use hemmer to hem currypuff.(you can find this in bakery store)  As I don't have the hemmer, I do it manually. Again! LOL

Just a heads up, if you want to fry the currypuff, make sure you use slow to medium fire so your pastry won't get burn.



                                                
                                                     This is how the dough looks like!haha



                         This are the rejected batch.  Haha, it is not that smooth as I want it to be, 
                          but the taste is still ok as the fillings is quite ok(matilah tak sedar diri). 


These are the only photos that I have for the currypuff.  My husband said the currypuff is so niceeeee!!!(because it is crispy)(haha who else want to complement my cooking right?)hahah

I will write stories about me(just a lil of background..hihi) in the next post ya!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment